A late bucket from Jeckster Apinan lifted the Makati Skyscrapers over a star-studded Manila squad for their second win in the MPBL Datu Cup.
Apinan led the team with 24 points in 28 minutes.
Makati now shares the lead with Navotas in the Northern Division.
Here are more numbers.
– Apinan shot 8-for-11 from the field and also grabbed eight boards. Two other players – Philip Paniamongan (21 points) and Cedric Ablaza (23 points) scored 20+ markers for the Skyscrapers.
– Rudy Lingganay also chipped in 16 points and five dimes off the bench Makati. No other player scored more than five points.
– For Manila, Chris Bitoon starred again by scoring 24 points and dishing four assists. He shot 9-for-13 in 24 minutes.
– Roger Yap was almost a non-factor. He was scoreless (0-for-3) in 21 minutes, but he did hand out five assists, grab four rebounds and record a steal.
– Not a lot of defense was played in this game as both teams shot 53 percent from the field.
– Manila was stellar from downtown. Paced by Adrian Celada’s four triples, the Stars shot 11-for-21 (52 percent) on treys, outgunning their counterparts by a hefty margin (6-for-17, 35 percent).
– Makati dominated the mid-range and the shaded area instead, shooting a blistering 61 percent (25-for-41) to curb the shooting deficit.
– Not a lot of rebounding was done here, too. Manila had 23, while Makati corralled 33.