Back-up forward Kelly Nabong provided some endgame brilliance while rising guard Baser Amer had a career game as Meralco escaped TNT, 103-100, and force a rubber match for the last semifinals seat.
- Who’s the better Kelly?: Nabong turned clutch when the going gets tough, scoring 7 of his 15 points in overtime while outplaying TNT forward/center Kelly Williams down the stretch.
- Amer power: Facing elimination, Bolts sophomore playmaker Baser Amer rose to the occasion and poured a career-high 32 points on 21 shots, on top of 6 rebounds and 4 assists, as he covered for foul-plagued import Alex Stepheson.
- Laughable airball: TNT actually could have put Meralco away in regulation if not for a sorry airball at the charity stripe by import Joshua Smith, who could only laugh at his mistake.
- Sister Act 3: The sister teams will figure out in one final showdown on Friday in the same venue to determine who’s the rightful challenger of Ginebra in the semifinals.
- Quote of the match: “I expect Friday to be a dogfight.” – Meralco head coach Norman Black