White: McGregor NOT back on UFC 200 card

Contrary to a tweet from Conor McGregor himself, UFC president Dana White says the Irish fighter is not back on the UFC 200 card.

In a tweet sent out on Sunday, McGregor appeared to confirm he was back in the frame for UFC 200.

He even thanked White for helping put his rematch against Nick Diaz back in place:

The tweet has since been liked over 86 000 times, but it appears White isn’t ready to bury the hatchet just yet.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times on Monday, the UFC boss said McGregor’s tweet was simply “not true”.

“We haven’t talked [to] Conor or his manager since the press conference [Friday],” White said. “I don’t know why he would tweet that.”

White also spoke to TMZ on Monday, and reiterated his position.

“I feel like the scene in ‘Step Brothers’ when they ask if they can build the bunk beds,” White said. “I don’t know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it’s off.”

McGregor has yet to respond to White’s latest statements.

The whole saga started when McGregor was removed from the main event at UFC 200 last week for failing to fulfill his media obligations.

He then announced his retirement from the UFC but subsequently changed his mind and has been trying to make his way back onto the UFC 200 card to face Diaz.

Comments