Leipzig transfers done, Burke to stay

RB Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick has revealed that the club are keen to hold on to Oliver Burke and done with their off-season transfer dealings.

Burke signed for the German side from Nottingham Forest in August last year and went on to make only five Bundesliga starts while coming off the bench on 20 occasions.

Despite his limited game time last season, Rangnick believes the 20-year-old has piles of potential and remains an important member of their squad.

"I talked to Oliver once again in London and told him that we don't want him to move on," Rangnick told German tabloid Bild.

"I believe in this lad, and maybe he has this one match where everything clicks."

Rangnick went on to explain that Leipzig are content with their squad as they prepare for their first Champions League campaign following a runners-up finish in their first Bundesliga season.

"We will not do anything more and intend to go with the current squad in the new season," he added. "I'd like to think that no player will leave us."

The John Dykes Show every Monday, Wednesday & Friday @ 8:30 PM HKT

Comments