Stallion completes second half comeback against Kaya

Stallion Laguna produced a massive fight-back to reverse Kaya’s first half goal en-route to a 3-1 win in the Philippines Football League in Binan Football Stadium.

Visitors Kaya Iloilo had the ideal start when Miguel Tanton produced a brilliant freekick to beat Rosalia in the 14th minute.

After the goal Stallion mustered all their efforts to get an equaliser, coming close on a few occasions to no avail as half time arrived with Kaya nursing a slim 1-0 advantage.

It is to note though in the first half that Kaya goalkeeper Ref Cuaresma was substituted off and replaced by Ace Villanueva in the 36th minute, who suffered an injury after a collision with Jesus Melliza who was meted with a yellow card.

In the second half, the hosts continued where they left off as they came off the dugout with a renewed purpose as they pressured the visiting side’s half.

Stallion’s efforts were rewarded after being awarded a penalty kick, with Carlo Polli converting from the spot for the leveller.

The equalizer proved to be a utrning point as Stallion began to dominate the proceedings with their passing play, creating spaces and exploiting the gaps for scoring chances.

The hosts’ approach worked to brilliantly in the 70th minute after a defensive lapse from Kaya allowed Abou Mouhamed Sy to nick the ball and produce a perfect lay-off to Jesus Melliza who rushed unchallenged for the goal.

The icing on the cake eventually arrived in added time as Fitch Arboleda latched from inside the box after a clever one-two with Villareal as the game ended with a 3-1 scoreline.

The win is now Stallion’s second of the campaign but the club currently only has three points in the standing after being handed a 3-point deduction by the Liga Futbol Inc. which, as of this writing, is under pending appeal.

Both clubs will immediately clash against each other for their next fixture which is scheduled on 22 April at 4:00PM.

Featured image courtesy of: Arturo Rafael Enriquez / Stallion Laguna FC