Daisuke Sato, Sepsi OSK get comfortable 3-0 win against Poli Timisoara

Daisuke Sato Sepsi OSK

Azkal Daisuke Sato’s club Sepsi OSK gets a comofortable 3-0 win over Poli Timisoara in the Romanian Liga 1 Playout despite being down to ten men with midfielder Istvan Fulop scoring a brace and Ibrahima Tandia adding a third.

The match began in Sepsi’s Stadionul Municipal with both teams struggling to find their respective rhythms, particularly in the first five minutes of the proceedings.

First chance for an attempt came for the hosts in the 8th minute as defensive midfielder Sebastian Gingha’s header off a free kick went wide.

Timisoara’s turn to sniff at goal came in the 23rd minute as left-back and former Rayo Vallecano defender Razvan Rat’s attempt from outside the box was calmy collected by Sepsi goalkeeper Roland Niczuly.

Sepsi came closest to scoring in the 31st minute when winger Yasin Hamed headed the ball towards goal but defender Alin Seroni pulled off a last gasp clearance at the goalmouth to keep the partiy between the two sides.

Five minutes later, a significant stoppage of play was prompted after a serious clash of heads in-play between Sepsi striker Benjamin Kuku and Denis Harut.

Denis Harut was substituted out of the game after being wheeled away by ambulance while Kuku was handed a red card due to the dangerous play.

In the first minute of added time before the break, Timisoara once again got a glimpse of goal but Niczuly once again came up with a well executed save.

The ice was broken in dramatic fashion in favour of the hosts just at the stroke of halftime as Istvan Fulop produced a spectacular free kick towards upper left corner of goal that wrong-footed Timisoara goalkeeper Catalin Straton.

As a result Sepsi OSK went into halftime break enjoying a slim one-goal lead.

Come the second half, the visiting side started with more threatening runs on goal and take advantage of their additional man, but Sepsi were able to hold their own on defence.

In the 78th minute a dangerous ball by Timisoara was cleared by attacking midfielder Ibrahima Tandia, the ensuing free-kick by the visitors was dealt well to quell the threat.

Sepsi eventually doubled their lead in the 80th minute when Istvan Fulop was able to break the defence and stab his strike home from an angle to beat Straton once again.

The visitors then would find their misery further complicated when team captain and defender Gabriel Canu saw red for his second bookable offence.

The freekick that followed completed the rout as Tandia’s attempt was deflected by the Timisoara wall which gave the keeper no chance to react as the hosts temporarily moved up to third in the Liga 1 Playout standings.

As for Philippine Azkal left back Daisuke Sato, it was a good performance in his defensive duties as he was able to help his side snuff out the opposition’s attacks and maintain the clean sheet without getting booked.

Sepsi will next face Juventus Bucuresti on Friday, May 18 at 11:00PM (Manila time).

Photo Credit: Sepsi OSK Facebook