We round up the front and back pages across Europe as Friday sees the transfer rumor mill crank into gear again.
Neymar has long been linked with a move to Real Madrid but the star has rejected that possibility.
The Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil forward, ruled out of the Copa America due to an ankle injury, was reportedly a target for the LaLiga giants just two years after leaving bitter rivals Barcelona.
But Neymar has dismissed any chance of that move, as Zinedine Zidane tries to rebuild Madrid following a tough 2018-19 season.
Still, maybe a return to Camp Nou is possible.
TOP STORY – NEYMAR REJECTS MADRID, OPEN TO BARCA RETURN
Neymar has rejected any possibility of a move to Real Madrid, according to Sport.
According to the report, Madrid wanted Neymar as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, who left for Juventus last year.
But the club’s struggles in 2018-19 – they finished third in LaLiga, 19 points behind Barca – have seen Neymar turn down a possible transfer.
Sport report Neymar could be lured back to Barcelona, where he spent four seasons before joining PSG, as he maintains a friendship with stars Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
Neymar says ’no’ to Real Madrid.. but ‘yes’ to Barça movehttps://t.co/JdI4bw3LEz
— SPORT English (@Sport_EN) June 6, 2019
– Tottenham star Christian Eriksen wants a new challenge and Inter have joined the race for the reported Madrid target, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport. The Times report Spurs want €113million for the midfielder.
– Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt appears closer to deciding his future. The in-demand defender, linked with numerous European heavyweights, is now deciding between just two clubs – Barcelona or PSG – according to RMC Sport. ESPN report that PSG is favorites to sign the center-back.
– With Gianluigi Buffon leaving PSG, the Ligue 1 champions are set to make a bid for Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, according to The Times. That could see the Premier League club turn their attention to AC Milan shot-stopper Gianluigi Donnarumma, according to Corriere dello Sport.
— Times Sport (@TimesSport) June 6, 2019
– Likely before the situation around their starting goalkeeper unfolds, Manchester United could land Sporting CP midfielder Bruno Fernandes. A Bola report United have requested a meeting with Sporting to wrap up a deal – reportedly worth around €78m – for the Portugal international.
– AC Milan appears to have found their replacement for Gennaro Gattuso. According to CalcioMercato, Marco Giampaolo will leave Sampdoria to head to San Siro on a two-year deal.
– Manchester City are looking to sign Joao Cancelo, with Goal reporting the Premier League champions are in talks with Juventus over a €50m move for the Portugal full-back.