Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso won the Catalunya MotoGP event in Barcelona on Sunday in sweltering conditions.
Following the 31-year-old Italian, who handed Ducati their second MotoGP win in a row, was Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa joining him on the podium.
#MotoGP podium ?
— FOX Sports LIVE! (@FSAsiaLive) June 11, 2017
After starting in seventh place, having won the Italian GP last time out, Dovizioso showed a lot of confidence, moving through the field to eventually overtake Marquez and Pedrosa.
Jorge Lorenzo, Dovizioso's teammate, came in next with Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Johann Zarco, sixth was teammate Jonas Folger and Alvaro Bautista of the Aspar Team was in the seventh spot
Movistar Yamaha's Valentino Rossi was eighth ahead of Reale Avintia Racing's Hector Barbera and championship leader Maverick Viñales on his Yamaha closed out the top 10.
The result means that Vinales is now just seven points ahead of Dovizioso.
The Ducati man will feel confident of overhauling Vinales in a fortnight's time when MotoGP heads to the Netherlands.
Sunday's Catalunya results:
1. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 44m 41.518s
2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 44m 45.062s
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 44m 48.292s
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP17) 44m 51.126s
5. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 44m 55.356s
6. Jonas Folger GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1)* 44m 55.439s
7. Alvaro Bautista ESP Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP16) 44m 58.281s
8. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 45m 2.339s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 45m 5.470s
10. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 45m 5.707s
11. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 45m 9.847s
12. Loris Baz FRA Reale Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP15) 45m 14.799s
13. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP16) 45m 16.718s
14. Karel Abraham CZE Pull&Bear Aspar Team (Desmosedici GP15) 45m 20.954s
15. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 45m 22.390s
16. Andrea Iannone ITA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 45m 24.739s
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 45m 26.173s
18. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (RC16) 45m 30.511s
19. Sam Lowes GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)* 45m 37.010s
Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP17) DNF
Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) DNF
Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF