The Trulli Formula E team will not take part in this week's Putrajaya ePrix after its new car failed scrutineering.
The team was also ruled out of the season opener in Beijing due to a problem with customs that prevented it from presenting its cars for scrutineering in China.
With this week being the first time the cars were examined this season, an additional safety procedure known as 'Initial Scrutineering' was required.
Trulli passed the conventional parts of the scrutineering process but were unable to meet the deadline for the additional safety element.
It was also fined €2000 for breaching regulations.
On Thursday, news broke that team owner Jarno Trulli had been called in to replace rider Salvador Duran for this week's race. Duran had allegedly committed a "breach of contract".
Team principal Lucio Cavuto said on Friday he remains confident the issues will be resolved by the next event.
"Everyone in the team has been working incredibly hard and we were looking forward to showing our car on track," he said.
"I'd like to extend a big thank you to the whole team who have believed in the project from the start and worked relentlessly on it.
"Lots of work has been done on the cars and we are confident that everything will be fine in Punta Del Este.
"I'd also like to thank the FIA and FEH for extending the scrutineering time. Unfortunately for us, it just was not enough time to complete the cars."