All square at Imtech Arena

Special Olympics athlete Matthew Millett of Team USA with the 3/4 court buzzer beater!

Hamburger SV rallied from behind to claim a share of the spoils with FC Köln in a Bundesliga clash at Imtech Arena on Sunday afternoon.

Simon Zoller fired the visitors in front in the 41st minute, but Bruno Labbadia's men responded well after the half-time break as Nicolai Müller restored parity just two minutes into the second half.

The first half was a one-sided affair as 1. FC Köln created a whole host of chances, while the hosts struggled to impose themselves on proceedings.

Anthony Modeste and Yannick Gerhardt failed to find the mark for the visitors in the opening 15 minutes of play, while Pierre-Michel Lasogga fired high and wide for Hamburger SV on 10 minutes.

As the first half progressed, Jonas Hector and Filip Mladenovic squandered great chances for Köln.

However, it was Gojko Kacar who posted the game's first shot on target, forcing goalkeeper Timo Horn into action with a header from the centre of the box.

1. FC Köln were left ruing their luck in the 38th minute as Anthony Modeste saw his header come back off the bar, but they didn't dwell on that missed opportunity for too long as they went on to claim the lead on 41 minutes. Zoller collected a neat pass from Jonas Hector before slotting the ball in the bottom-right corner from the centre of the penalty area.

Hamburger SV didn't take long to restore parity, however, as Müller popped up in the 47th minute to fire into the top-left corner from outside the box.

Kacar and Artjoms Rudnevs saw later efforts kept out by Horn, but those were the only chances of note for the hosts as 1. FC Köln regained an iron grip on proceedings.

However, a lack of cutting edge in front of goal, coupled with an impressive performance in goal by René Adler, ensured the hosts would claim a share of the spoils.

Mladenovic was twice denied by Adler, while Gerhardt and Marcel Risse also failed to find a way past the towering shot-stopper.