Fury apologises for latest offensive comments

Colin Cowherd knows exactly how No. 3 Notre Dame and No. 12 Syracuse will end on Saturday

In what is becoming something of a routine, world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has apologised after offensive comments he made surfaced online.

In a video posted earlier this month, Fury made comments that were interpreted by many as being homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic.

"I said some things which may have hurt some people – which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do," said Fury.

"I apologise to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my comments.

"Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public.

"I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard.

"Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept this apology."

Fury previously got himself into hot water after making similar comments, leading to an online petition signed by more than 100,000 people calling for his removal from the BBC's 2015 Sports Personality of the Year shortlist.

He went on to apologise at the award ceremony in December.

Comments