Atletico in comeback win, Granada lose to Leganes

Consadole Sapporo draw 0-0 against Gamba Osaka in J-League

Atletico Madrid were forced to fight back from a goal down against Segunda División B side Reus Deportiu in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.

Atleti went behind in the 30th minute, but managed to win 2-1 to avoid an embarrassing upset and elimination from the tournament.

Diego Simeone fielded a side showing several changes from the team that beat Espanyol in La Liga on Saturday, with several second string players drafted into the first 11.

The Rojiblancos were made to pay for leaving out their stars in the 30th minute, when attacker Francisco Carbia Barrera gave Reus the lead.

If the goal put any doubt in the minds of the Simeone’s players, they did well not to show it. Atletico managed to find another gear and Luciano Vietto leveled the score just seven minutes later with an Oliver Torres assisted goal.

The clubs went into half time tied at 1-1 and the score remained level until skipper Koke set up Saul Niguez in the 62nd minute and the midfielder made no mistake.

Atletico searched for a third goal to put the match to bed, but the scores went unchanged until the final whistle.

Meanwhile, La Liga side Granada also went behind early against Segunda División team Leganes but never managed to draw level.

Leganes struck just ten minutes into the fixture, with forward Guillermo doing the damage, and Granada’s night went from bad to worst in the 24th minute when midfielder Ruben Perez received a straight red card.

Joseba Aguado responded by pulling off the Salvador Ruiz in favour of the more attack-minded Uche Henry Agbo in minute 29, in hopes of rescuing the match.

However, they went further behind ten minutes later when defender Unai Bustinza set up Omar for Leganes’ second goal.

Granada gave themselves a glimmer hope of hope in the 74th minute when skipper Francisco Rico Castro scored to narrow the deficit, but Leganes closed up shot and managed to hold onto victory.