BaliPure forced a do-or-die Game 3 in the Premier Volleyball League Reinforced Conference Finals outlasting Pocari Sweat in a classic 5-setter, 25-15, 26-24, 24-26, 24-26, 15-13 Tuesday at the PhilSports Arena.
- Classic comeback: The Water Defenders came back from a 6-9 deficit in the deciding set, tied the game at 12, then took a 14-12 advantage. Grethcel Soltones was blocked by Jessey de Leon to make it 14-13, but she quickly made up for her mistake the following play with the game-winning hit.
- Spread the wealth: BaliPure’s imports Jeng Bualee and Jennifer Keddy both scored 20, Soltones had 11, Risa Sato and Jerrili Malabanan chipped in 10 points in the huge win.
- Too many mistakes: Lady Warrior reinforcement Krystal Rivers had 26 points, all from attacks, while Michelle Strizak had 15 but the defending champions committed 37 errors in total.
- Defensive anchor: Tatan Gata-Pantone played a huge role on the defensive end with a double-double numbers of 23 excellent digs and 16 excellent receptions.
- Quote of the match: “Battle of the nerves yan. Patigasan ng dibdib.” – Roger Gorayeb.
Follow this writer on Twitter: @Chester_Fajardo